03-18-2019 08:12 AM - last edited on 03-18-2019 08:40 AM by zoltanthegypsy
I bought the t480s thinkpad:
Serial number: PC******
Machine type model: 20L7CTO1WW
937 warranty days remaining on 15/03/19
With the following features:
- Intel Core i7-8550U processor (8 MB cache, up to 4.00 GHz)
- Windows 10 Professional 64
- Windows 10 Professional 64 - Western Europe (EN/FR/DE/NL/IT)
- 14-inch WQHD (2560x1440), IPS, anti-reflective, 300 nits display
- 12 GB DDR4-2400 8 GB integrated +4 GB (1 SoDIMM)
- Integrated graphics card
- Infrared and 720p HD camera with microphone
- Backlit keyboard - French
- DTPM equipment
- Integrated fingerprint reader
- Fingerprint reader, NFC-free, black
- dTPM2.0 compatible hardware
- SSD disk 512 GB PCIe OPAL 2.0 M.2 2280 (16GT/s)
- SmartCard smart card reader
- Battery 57 Wh with 3 cells
- 45 W AC Adapter (3-pin) - European Union (USB Type C)
- Intel Dual Band Wireless AC (2x2) 8265 Processor, Bluetooth 4.1 version, vPro
- Fibocom Cat6 L830-EB 4G LTE
- Monitor WQHD IPS 300 nits (2560 x 1440) 14 inches, non touch, infrared camera, with microphone, with antennas for 3G/4G, WLAN, black
- Intel UHD 620 graphics card
- Publication - Western Europe (FR/GE/IT/DU/EN)
- 3-year warranty on workshop return
As you can see, I didn't take NFC techno, which I regret now.
I would like to be able to add it to my PC, by consulting the Lenovo.com site, impossible to find a trackpad equipped with NFC. On the other hand I saw on the t480s doc that it was physically possible to add techno, and NFC trackpads for t480s are available on the net.
But at the Software level, can my t480s, which does not have NFC techno as a base, receive an NFC trackpad, and will it be able to use it?
Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.