06-05-2018

US

22 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 1 of 3

T480s New thunderbolt driver stopped my controller from working

2019-07-07, 17:14 PM

My PC recently ran an automatic update of the thunderbolt software and then the next day it no longer was able to output to a second display from USB C to DP. Then a few days ago Lenovo released a hot fix because of something about the previous version messing with some controllers and I guess mine was one of them. I've spent days trying to fix this and now my thunderbolt controller is pretty much non existent everywhere like device manager even after completely reinstalling windows on a new drive. I can't get it to show up in my device manager even under hidden devices, I can't install the software or the firmware. It just doesn't exist. 

Options

619 Posts

08-02-2018

US

302 Signins

2148 Page Views

• Views: 2148
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: T480s New thunderbolt driver stopped my controller from working

2019-09-21, 5:46 AM

Hi mtnjwr!

Thanks for posting in the Community,

The Hotfix that you're referring to, is that a driver, thunderbolt firmware, BIOS update? Access BIOS https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500222 and in Thunderbolt under Configuration tab, make sure the following settings is set based on the attached picture. Once changes has been made, press Fn+F10 / F10 to save and exit, and check if it'll work.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

06-05-2018

US

22 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: T480s New thunderbolt driver stopped my controller from working

2019-09-21, 8:47 AM

Honestly I appreciate you trying to help but it's too late. I took it to a local retail repair place and had to pay to get if fixed which is totally unfair. I love your products but have lost a lot of faith in the reliability of them. Im not sure what they did but it involved resetting my bios in ways that I couldn't even perform on my own. It required a licensed key and stuff to fix. But thanks for the reply. Thought nobody even cared. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save