Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwongwa
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 1 of 4

T480s & ultra dock display issues

Hello, 

I've been having a hard time finding this exact issue. We use T480s with the ultra dock 40AJ0135US. 98% of the machines dock without issue but I have a small stack where the display on the T480s with go dark with a slight flicker as soon as its docked. No external connections are activated and I'm not able to do anything until I undock and the screen goes back to normal. Specs are below. 

Intel i5-8350U CPU 1.70GHz

Intel UHD Graphics 620

1703 office build

rwongwa
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480s & ultra dock display issues

Update...

Was taking a look at one of them and finished downloading the Lenovo Update tool when I noticed issues with the trackpad followed by BSOD. After it restarted I placed it back on the dock and this time the screen did not go dark. External mouse/keyboard worked but there was no curser on the screen ( I could see stuff highlight when I moved over it ). External monitors were still not working even though it was detecting them. 

rwongwa
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 3 of 4

Update 2...

I've updated to 1803 and installed the following updates one at a time and the dock firmware update but still nothing with the external monitors. The mouse curser also disappears occasionally and is only corrected by going to sleep or restarting. I know the dock and other peripherals are good since my T480s works just fine and so do many others. 

Lenovo USB Selective Suspend Patch

Thunderbolt Firmware Update

ThinkPad BIOS Update

ThinkPad Monitor File

Lenovo Power Management Driver

The only consistant thing I can see with this one is the consent.exe stopped working about every 15 minutes in the problem history. 

rwongwa
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 4 of 4

I still have not been able to fix the issue but I pulled another T480s that was working fine at the start of the day and then started having the same symptoms. Decided to move it over to a StarTech dock and that seems to have solved the issue. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors