Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrzemekJ
Paper Tape
Views: 585
Message 1 of 4

T480s and USB C Dock - 3 external monitors - problems

hi, 

I have read that this is possible and works for people but in my case it is not working.

I have 3 monitors:

- hp with resolution 1920x 1200 - connected with dock 

and I can work on my laptop screen as third monitor and it is OK. 

BUT 

when I connect 3rd monitor using vga and close laptop lit I',m not able to change resolution on 3rd monitor and have there only 640x480 resolution.

When I for example disconnect 1st monitor then I Can change on 3rd (vga) the resolution to recommended 1600x...

So it looks like intel gfx doesn't handle 3 monitors.

I have upgrade grf driver from support site and install dock driver. 

Can I do anything more? or the laptop just doesn't handle 3 monitors with big resolutions?( which will be strange because it can handle 3rd laptop screen with 1920)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 487
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480s and USB C Dock - 3 external monitors - problems

Hi PrzemekJ! 

Welcome to the community forums. 

This concern was already answered from this Forum thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T480s-and-USB-C-Dock-3-external-monitors...

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Regards, 

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

PrzemekJ
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 3 of 4

hi, 

I have read the topic that You linked but there 3 monitors are working. In my case I have problem with resolution of 3rd monitor which is not changable as in screenshot attached.

I have this dock station: Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock 40A90090EU

Beside that I found on your support page: https://support.lenovo.com/pl/en/accessories/acc100348

that:

1. from documentation https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options_iso/tp_usbc_dock_sp40l36280_ug_en.pdf

". The external monitor display is blank, or the images on the external monitor flutter. Connect one or two external monitors at a time. It is not recommended that you connect three external monitors"

2. in section Hardware Compatibility there is not T480s. 

In that case main question is: Is my dock station support or not 3 external monitor (without laptop T480s screen)

PrzemekJ
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors