Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PiotrP
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 1 of 2

T480s and Ultra Docking Station - laptop power problem

Hello

I've went through fomrum and internet and I couldn't find a solution for my problem.

I have Thinpkad T480s and Thinpad Ultra Docking Station (135W). 

I can't get latpop charing battery when attached to docking station. 

When power up/attache to dock I receive following error from Lenovo Hardware Settings:

"Docking Station AC Power Problem: AC power is detached from your docking station. For proper battery charging and docking station operation, connect the AC Adapter for the docking station" 

So that is not possible since the docking station requires power to operate. 

I do not know where to go with that - it looks like firmware error in docking station of some driver error in laptop.

I've verified BIOS in the laptop and its newest possible. The same goes for docking station firmware.

There is no airplane mode enabled.

Any syggestions?

Thanks in advance.

kkeresztes
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 222
Message 2 of 2

Re: T480s and Ultra Docking Station - laptop power problem

Hello,

I wonder if you could possibly check docking station using another power supply. You forget to say that if original usb-c charger does charge the battery or not. (to be sure battery health ok)

Have you bought docking station and charger used seperately  (used)? Also must to note that if you bought an EU model charger/adapter (3 pond cable with loive, neutral and earth), it's required to use proper earthed cable for safety reasons. 

I have two docking stations and 3 chargers for docking station (square connector) - if you live in Hungary I could borrow you one.

Best regards,

Kristof.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors