cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarLazar
Paper Tape
Views: 351
Message 1 of 4

T480s iPhone8 compatibilty issue (tested with several T480s and iPhone8) - issue only on iPhone8

Lenovo Facebook support sent me here to post the issue as they expect it to be a Firmware/Driver problem:

There is a serious compatibility issue between the T480s and the iPhone8 - tested on various units of both devices, with various cables.

All BIOS/FW/SW/Drivers on both devices were updated, issues remain before and after Updates:

It is not possible to connect iPhone8 via USB to T480s - or only after several attempts or a reboot.

On the right USB port connection goes on and off in seconds, on the left port charging connection remains stable, but no data connection is posible.

We tested this with 4 different T480s, 6 different iPhone8 models and various different cables - therefore it is definitely a FW/Driver Issue on the Lenovo side - as the phones work with any other Notebook.

If the phone however is attached to the right port while the Notebook is booting, iPhone8 asks for authorization (while T480s boots) and then everything works fine. Lenovo Facebook support says this clearly points out to a driver/firmware issue.

Trying to plug in the USB port not all the way in but leave a 2-3mm space before the USB cable fully contacts the port (as suggested by Lenovo Facebook support) does not help.

Sooo there we are - we tested and replicated this issue with several brand new T480s-machines (core i5-8350U) and a number of different iPhone8 with different cables.

What solution does the Lenovo engineers propose?

Best

CarLazar

CarLazar
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480s iPhone8 compatibilty issue (tested with several T480s and iPhone8) - issue only on iPhone8

Update - we tested now the USB-C and Lightning-Ports and have the same issue as with the right USB.

Any Feedback from the Lenovo Team would be appreciated!!

akimasa
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 3 of 4

Re: T480s iPhone8 compatibilty issue (tested with several T480s and iPhone8) - issue only on iPhone8

I have same problem here.
I connected my iPhone SE to my T480s with USB-C - Lightning Cable.
The phone will be charged but not recognized as a device.
I contacted Lenovo Japan's technical support but they said they can not help me because this issue is related to third party device.

GeoffDeGeoff
What's DOS?
Views: 21
Message 4 of 4

I am also encountering this issue, with the latest BIOS released in March 2019 in a T480s with an iPhone XS, but it works fine when the phone is connected to the Thunderbolt Dock, I've tried all the suggestions with settings, as I don't always have the Dock

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors