cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RC20
Paper Tape
Views: 438
Message 1 of 4

T480s screen downgrade – from what previous model can I replace a screen?

Hello forum
I have a T480s and I would like to downgrade my screen so the native resolution of the replaced screen is 1366x768.

Why am I doing that? well, working with higher resolutions makes my eyes ache.
I tried working with my native 1920x1080 resolution with higher DPI, bit the detail level still hurts my eyes.
Of course, when manually reducing native resolution the result is a slightly-blurry view. That’s not good either.

So, my question is –
I want to put a screen of a previous Lenovo model that will fit my laptop, and will provide 1366x768 resolution.
What are those models that has the same physical screen alignment?

Thanks!
Roy

RC20
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480s screen downgrade – from what previous model can I replace a screen?

I would greatly apprecite someone's input regarding the above ...

Thanks,

Roy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 354
Message 3 of 4

There is a difference between fitting inside and turning on, vs. completely working.  Unless someone has done it, it is impossible to be sure that the lower resolution will be identified in the BIOS.  There may also be subtle differences in other functions.  For example, T440 and T450 screens look the same and the T440 screens fit, but brightness controls no longer work.   I have never taken a T480s apart, but it looks to me like T450 and later a physically similar enough and deal with brightness the same way, but I cannot guarantee it will work.  I will add that the LCD bezel and front sheet are a pain to remove and are held by a strong adhesive.  You are expected to replace them whenever you change the panel.  If you have never done it, it is easy to break something.  Be sure to disconnect the battery before you start,  Blowing a fuse on the motherboard would make this an expensive downgrade.  You might conside the alternative to sell your machine and by a T480 with an HD screen.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
RC20
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 4 of 4

Thanks ! I had no idea the T480 is offered with HD screen as well. I believe replacing to such a screen is my best chance for ducking under the BIOS incompatibility.

I'll update once I'm after the process.

Roy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors