Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsieg
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 1 of 4

T480s touchpad not reacting for several seconds when under load

Hi,

I am using a Type 20L8 Thinkpad T480s bought in May 2018. The following problem description occurs under Windows 10 64bit as well as Ubuntu Linux 64 bit with the same symptoms:

When using the touchpad, occasionally the mouse pointer starts slowly moving on its own in one direction while the touchpad is no longer reacting. In other words, I can move my finger on the touchpad, but the mouse pointer is not at all reacting but keeps drifting in one direction for about 1-5 seconds before the touchpad gets back.

During this phase of "disconnect", however, both an external mouse and the trackpoint are reacting and allow me to move the mouse pointer. When working with an external mouse, I am not experiencing the described issue at all, meaning that the mouse pointer never gets into that hanging state.

It seems that the described state appears in coordination with high CPU load. It feels as if there are high-load states, in which the CPU prioritizes other tasks over reacting to my touchpad commands.

I have reinstalled the OSs, updated drivers and temporarly disabled trackpoint and touchpad, but the above problem still persists. Maybe someone else has experienced this issue or has any idea on how to solve it? As I frequently work on the go, I require the touchpad and these hanging states make using the device frustrating.

Thanks for your help!

ankoh
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480s touchpad not reacting for several seconds when under load

I've had the same issue on model 20L7. Not under particularly high loads though.

Have note found any solution to the issue either.

knimer
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 3 of 4

I am facing the same issue and it is very annoying. Especially that it comes randomly and sbsolutely cannot prevent it or at least minimize it.

My model is:

Thinkpad T480s 20L7-001PAD

Regards,

K

PeterMate
Paper Tape
Views: 52
Message 4 of 4

I have exactly the same problem. Lenovo support please give solution for this issue, it is really a throwback for the productivity...

(Thinkpad T480s 20L7)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors