Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jku0
Paper Tape
Views: 385
Message 1 of 2

T490 BIOS update missing ECP update?

I've upgraded a Thinkpad T490 to BIOS version 1.44 seemingly succesfully but the Embedded Controller Program version is still showing the original version and not what the update README promised.

Details:

• Original versions according to BIOS UI were BIOS 1.07 and ECP 1.05
  • Upgraded to 1.44 using the linux BIOS upgrade process (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2iet66w.txt) using fwupdate, with no errors. The README claims to contain BIOS 1.44 and ECP 1.09
  • After the upgrade BIOS UI shows BIOS version 1.44 and ECP 1.05

Is the README correct and the same cab-file should contain the ECP update as well? Has anyone upgraded on Windows and actually received the ECP 1.09 update?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 328
Message 2 of 2

Re: T490 BIOS update missing ECP update?

I'm not a linux guy but my understanding is that linux uses a capsule update method which is only for the BIOS.  There is no capsule update for ECP.  So I think you would need to build the bootable USB key and update BIOS/ECP that way.  I know this isn't a very good answer and the readme doesn't explain this, but the version information with change history seems copied from the Windows readme.

I can tell you that using the flash-from-Windows package updates both BIOS and ECP.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors