Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkreiner
Paper Tape
Views: 863
Message 11 of 18

Re: T490 Static Hiss/Noise from speakers

So I just updated to the new bios.

It doesn't hiss anymore as long as no operating system is loaded.

However in Windows I still get the hissing.

In Linux it doesn't hiss when nothing is played. I can still hear it while playing quiet music. It just turns the audio chip off much faster when I pause the sound. With normal music/video volume the hissing is not noticeable anymore.

So the issue is still there but it is not nearly as annoying as before. I'm not concerned about noise while playing music. I just want silence when not playing anything.

qblrik
Paper Tape
Views: 840
Message 12 of 18

Thank you, BIOS updated, the noise stopped

NeedanUpdate
Paper Tape
Views: 836
Message 13 of 18

Good to hear that the problem got reduced, but sad to hear that there is still a noise in windows. Lenovo, please fix this Smiley Sad

qblrik
Paper Tape
Views: 834
Message 14 of 18

I have windows 10 1903 installed, now there are no problems with noise

DJ4509
Blue Screen Again
Views: 791
Message 15 of 18

Updating as promised. Yes the bios update fixes the latent hiss when nothing is happening, but there is still a hiss when something quite is being played through the speakers, again regardless of volume. As others have noted, you don't notice it as much if the music/video/sound is loud enough. 

All that said, still there, just better hidden now. Also sending back to depot to fix the screen again....

Invadersable
Fanfold Paper
Views: 651
Message 16 of 18

my T470 has same problem.....I also update newest bios. but still there. what should i do?
Ra42
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 17 of 18

Received my new T490. Sadly, I also suffer from the static noise when the speakers are enabled. The device got shipped with bios version 1.08. On the support website I only can see the following message:

"Please be informed that the BIOS will be available by 12th July 2019 tentatively."

No new version available. Anyone a clue what's going on?

KL251
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 18 of 18

Same here on two(!) T490 machines. First one I received had static hiss / white noise and Lenovo agreed to DOA replace it to a new machine. The sad thing is that even the brand new replacement has the same problem. It seems to be hardware design flaw rather than faulty component since it's present in two brand new machines.

I opened up the laptop and tried to insulate speaker if it would have been electrical insulation problem. That didn't help so the problem is either inside the speaker unit or on the motherboard.

Has anyone got this fixed successfully? Otherwise the laptop is great but this sound problem is very disappointing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors