05-04-2019

DE

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 5

T490: Touchpad aborts gestures and does not recognize clicks

2019-05-17, 10:01 AM

Hello, I got a T490 with Synaptics Touchpad. 

Sadly the touchpad does sometimes abort my gestures or just not recognize my clicks. 
I sent it back to the vendor who sent me immediately a replacement device. 
The replacement device has exactly the same problems. It's not useable without a mouse because it drives me insane. 

Is someone else having the same problems? 
Is there a fix?

I tried updating bios, updating touchpad drivers, uninstalling touchpad drivers and reinstalling windows 
Somehow with Ubuntu the touchpad works better but I can not determine the problem with windows and also I have to work with windows.

I think I'm sending it back this weekend and search for a producer who can sell a notebook for 1600€ with a working touchpad.
Very dissapointing because without the not working Touchpad I would be very happy with the device.

Mod:  edited Subject line with problem description after moving post

Options

456 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

422 Signins

2273 Page Views

• Views: 2273
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: T490: Touchpad aborts gestures and does not recognize clicks

2019-05-18, 1:16 AM

Hi Nummer2!

Thank you for using the community forums.

How did you update the touchpad driver? Is it from our support website? You can try to run and install all the available updates on your laptop using the Think Vantage and check if the issue remains.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

05-04-2019

DE

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-05-18, 10:10 AM

Several ways. 

I downloaded the drivers of the lenovo driver page for the T490, while windows does automatically do driver updates I disconnected the internet and installed it and testet it. Didn't change something. 
So I tried the touchpad without any driver. It does work of course but without gestures and multitouch support, sadly I still had the same issues. 
btw: The driver that windows automatically installs is a newer firmware version than the downloadable one from lenovo, that's the reason I disconnencted the internet. You can not install older drivers over a newer one. 
Another way was to download the drivers through the windows store (i never used windows store before but for downloading drivers not even the worst possibility). But that would be mostly the same as auto install them through windows update I think. 

Yep. I also used the lenovo systems update which helps very much with every other driver but the touchpad issue was not fixed that way.

Heres a video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QniCwmsZ0-Q

Options

3721 Posts

01-01-2012

US

7809 Signins

116158 Page Views

• Views: 116158
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-05-20, 14:15 PM

wrote:

Hello, I got a T490 with Synaptics Touchpad. 

I sent it back to the vendor who sent me immediately a replacement device. 
The replacement device has exactly the same problems.

I have a T590, which uses the same Touchpad, I haven't noticed any abnormal behavior, certainly nothing like what you show in the video.  If your vendor sent you an immediate replacement, I'm thinking they came from the same batch, and these had faulty touchpads.  Perhaps you sourced a replacement from elsewhere, that one wouldn't have this problem. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Options

6 Posts

05-04-2019

DE

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-05-20, 18:33 PM

You could be right.
I already sent my T490 back and I think I'm gonna wait until the X1 carbon 7gen is released and decide again if X1, T490 or other manufacturer.

Beside that I also recognized minor differences between the two screens (same config) which are used on the two T490 I had. The first one I had was just configurable up to 59 Hz while the second one was 60 Hz like normal and I was wondering because there was definitely a difference in smoothness. 
Just to be said, I don't want to open a new thread because I am not affected anymore anyway. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save