Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSJGL
Paper Tape
Views: 984
Message 1 of 3

T490 and T590 touchpad issues

When installing our new T490 and T590 through SCCM - and using the lenovo sccm driver pack, the touchpad is not responsive to gestures only button clicks - The Trackpoint works fine... Installing Lenovo drivers for mouse and touchpad after the installation does not help.

If I look at the driver in Device Manager, everything seems fine - There is a Synaptics Pointing Device present - but also some Microsoft HID Compatible touchpad drivers. If I remove the HID Compatible touchpad drivers - the touchpad starts working - but after a few restarts they are installed again and the touchpad is dead again.
Trying to manually install the Synaptics drivers for the HID Compatible touchpad - does not help.
Installing on Windows 10 1809

RSJGL
Paper Tape
Views: 920
Message 2 of 3

Re: T490 and T590 touchpad issues

Seems that Windows 10 prefer Microsoft's own drivers for some of the Touchpad components.

Running DPinst from Windows Driver Framework to force the Lenovo drivers to be prefered - solved the issue. 

Will this be solved in a driver update at some point?

FixMeAlready
What's DOS?
Views: 569
Message 3 of 3

Re: T490 and T590 touchpad issues

Could you elaborate on how to set a driver as default via DPinst? I've been facing similar issues, but instead it's the 3 touchpad buttons that do not work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors