Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml-evs
Not applicable
Views: 191
Message 1 of 5

T490 bad screen flex

Hi all, I've had my T490 for about 3 weeks now, and unfortunately since my refund period expired (and I've been travelling with the laptop more) I've started noticing bad grease marks left on the screen/bezel from the keyboard, trackpoint and palm rests after transporting the laptop in a padded messenger bag. The screen flexes much more than I would expect from a £1k laptop, and would be enough for me to get a refund if I was able. I can deal with how easily the machine picks up fingerprints (though still very annoying), but having to clean the screen 3 or 4 times a day is not feasible.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is my unit somehow structurally compromised?

green5178
Not applicable
Views: 156
Message 2 of 5

Re: T490 bad screen flex

I can only say on my T490 I dont't see what you are describing.  In your messenger bag are there other things in there?  I know that on my non-thinkpad work computer everything is fine until i put in 2 small note pads in the messenger bag with the laptop I then see keyboard marks on the screen.  That laptop is made of metal and there is not flex. I can do the same with my Thinkpad T490 and I dont see marks.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

ml-evs
Not applicable
Views: 105
Message 3 of 5

Even happens for me when the bag is otherwise empty. I can make the screen flex very easily with my hands too. The frame may be metal but my unit is mostly plastic, are you thinking of the T490s?
green5178
Not applicable
Views: 79
Message 4 of 5

No I have a T490.  Also there might be a misunderstanding.  When I said metal I was describing my non-thinkpad work computer.  I was just saying that even though its metal and has no flex my non thinkpad work computer shows keyboard marks on its screen where as my T490 does not.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

ml-evs
Not applicable
Views: 54
Message 5 of 5

Misread your response, apologies. It does seem strange, the marks are getting increasingly hard to remove, so I may have to escalate this. Thanks for your responses.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors