Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sknaumov
What's DOS?
Views: 656
Message 1 of 2

T490[s] - why to transform them to X1 Carbon-like laptops

Probably it is not a right place to write a feedback for laptop specs, but I want my voice to be heard.

I own T460s laptop and was willing to upgrade to t490s or next year model. What I value most in my t460s is full-size ethernet port, plenty of USB ports, full-size SD card reader. The only thing that I do really miss is high quality FullHD display with good enough brightness - when I take my laptop to vacation, I can't work even inside in a shadow if sun is shining through a window in my room - I can barely see anything on a screen.

But with recent "upgrade" of T490[s] design, I see I no longer have a laptop that would suit me:

t490s - not an option anymore, as it lacks full-size ethernet port and SD card reader.

t490 - it also lacks SD card reader (probably I can live with it), but it doesn;t have an option of 400 nits screen that is available for 490s.

So, to sum up, t490 could become an alternative for former t4X0s users, but this model is still considered as a "cheaper" variant and doesn't have an option for good screen (QuadHD is not needed on 14'' and would only draw more processing power).

SD cards are also very convenient - all DSLR cameras using SD cards, and it is very inconvenient to force users to get a lot of adapters. There are a lot of other laptops with slim design that could be preferred over thinkpads. But thinkpads strength is availability of ports that are needed for business needs. Very disappointed...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 631
Message 2 of 2

Re: T490[s] - why to transform them to X1 Carbon-like laptops

Hello,

Have you seen the review? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Community-Spotlight/ThinkPad-T490s-Review/ba-p/4368810

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors