Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhiteTiger
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,002
Message 1 of 3

T500 3G connection

I've always used my T500 (2243-64G) with Wi-Fi and LAN connections, nut now I need to use a mobile 3G connection.

I see a little slot for a SIM card close to the battery, but I don't understand if my laptop has the card to manage the connection.

I'm searcing for old datasheet, but I don see anything useful.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

CorkyG
802.11n
Views: 1,980
Message 2 of 3

Re: T500 3G connection

AFAIK, a SIM card must be in that slot if you have a subscribed to broadband account.  That requires a monthly fee to the provider.  An easier solution, if you do not have built-in broadband, is to use a USB broadband modem obtained from a provider of choice, such as Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc., along with their provided software access.

I use my Droid phone's hotspot that has a Verizon subscription with my T510. Before that, I used a Sprint C777 Expresscard modem along with Sprint software.

WhiteTiger
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,959
Message 3 of 3

Re: T500 3G connection

I've a SIM with a Vodafone plan for the 3G connection.

My PC has already a SIM card slot near the battery and I wish to know if this slot it is only a "empty hole" or if there is a 3G card.

If no, I'll buy a Vodafone modem, but if in the PC there is already a 3G modem, I wish to know how to activate this and not to spend other money for another 3G modem.

Thanks

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors