Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruslan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,324
Message 1 of 3

T500 Bluetooth and Function keys

Hi guys, I recently had to replace HDD and install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my laptop, and when it came to re-downloading drivers, I encountered a few problems.

First being, the bluetooth. When I was installing the 'Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software' I kept getting an error:

"Bluetooth Software

No Bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation." 

Which is strange because when I inserted my previous hard drive, my bluetooth was working flawlessly. I even tried installing the same software from the same HDD onto other HDD, yet the problem persisted. The light on the panel is not lighting up.

Another problem is with the Function keys. I downloaded and installed 4 different versions of  'Hotkey Features Integration' software, and I'm still not getting any feedback when using the volume keys, ThinkVantage button, Fn+F2, or any other one. I rebooted the computer multiple times, reinstalled the software multiple times, and even looked in CMOS settings as to 'what could be wrong'. 

Thank you in advance.  

Ruslan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,322
Message 2 of 3

Re: T500 Bluetooth and Function keys

As soon as I posted this, I frantically started hitting various Fn keys. After I pressed Fn+F8, the touchpad settings window popped up, a balloon saying "New hardware detected" and Bluetooth started installing, and when I clicked Fn+F5, the settings window came to life. I really don't know the cause of this, but I think something was stalling the system for 2 days straight.

I don't know what the solution is, but if anyone will experience this in the future, please try hitting every single key on the F1-F12 row while holding Fn. 

Regards, Ruslan.  

talha123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,226
Message 3 of 3

Re: T500 Bluetooth and Function keys

Ruslan. I have the same t500 hinge problem... can you tell me how you solved it?

Top Kudoed Authors