Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
refund
Paper Tape
Views: 969
Message 1 of 5

T500 Built In Mouse Issues

I've been having a strange problem today with the built in mouse. The problems seem random so i'll just list them:

In Chrome, neither the right or left mouse clicks have any effect on the tabs. Left click works normally for opening new tabs and bookmarks and for opening links. Right clicking on any links doesn't bring up any dialogue box. I can, however, switch the tabs using ctrl+tab. In firefox, the left and right clicks work normally for tabs but again the right click doesn't bring up any dialogue box.

On my desktop, left click brings up the dialogue box (that usually should come with a right click). Right click doesn't seem to do anything. Because of this, I cannot open anything on my desktop unless I left click and select 'open'. 

For items on the bottom bar, I can open and minimize with left click, but right click doesn't bring up any dialogue. Left click is also a "right click" in the start menu, I can't open anything unless I left click and select "open". 

I checked the device driver, it is updated. The same problem exist for the lower set of mouse buttons (the one for the trackpad). I usually use the red button in the middle of the keyboard in conjuction with the buttons right below the keyboard however.

Thank you in advance.

refund
Paper Tape
Views: 957
Message 2 of 5

Re: T500 Built In Mouse Issues

Okay so I plugged in a USB mouse and unplugged it - now the left mouse button on the t500 seems to be working fine. But the right click button doesn't work at all. (neither under the trackpoint or under the touchpad)

refund
Paper Tape
Views: 948
Message 3 of 5

Okay now the computer returned from sleep mode, and the problem is the same as i described. 

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 938
Message 4 of 5

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-69537

use this to test the trackpoint and trackpad buttons, if it works, then it is a software issue that you are having. If it works intermittently then it is a hardware issue.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
refund
Paper Tape
Views: 891
Message 5 of 5

Found the problem. Turns out the computer thought that the right click button under the touchpad was being constantly pressed, so I disconnected the touchpad and the other buttons work fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors