Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

T500 - Hard disk and Wireless Help

I have a T500 for more than a year now. Ultil recently everything was great. Recently i am having issues with the wireless. It disconnects often and I have to enable it with Fn+F5. Any help with it. I read posting that u will need to remove Access Connections.  Does this work?

I am also planning to replace the hard disk with "Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Blue SATAII 5400RPM 2.5IN 8MB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive WD3200BEVT".  Wanted to confirm whether using 'Apricorn EZ-UP-UNIVERSAL EZ Upgrade Universal Notebook Hard Drive Upgrade Kit' is a good ldea.

Am consufed whether to use a 5200RPM or a 7200 RPM. Does a 7200 RPM make noise on a T500. Has anyone have a T500 with either 320GB or 500GB with 7200 RPM. Wanted to verify whether they are seeing any noise etc...

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Re: T500 - Hard disk and Wireless Help

the 3200BEVT is quite noisy, a touch more than 3200 BEVS, try to get the last one, I have both
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Isnt the BVES an external hard drive (http://www.amazon.com/HornetTek-Travel-Portable-External-Built/dp/B002CH9Z7S) ?

I am looking for replacing the internal one. Sorry i was not able to locate this on amazon or any other site. Did  u  purchase from any specific vendor?

Thanks

Paul

Serial Port
0 Kudos

3200BEVS came built-in; I was told to buy the 3200BEVT when I was to add one for backup purposes .... I experienced since them good results with Hitachi's ..... Samsung tend to be noisy as well