Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarc79
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 1 of 1

T500 Intel Wifi 5350 is unable to connect automatically with Windows 8.1

Hello, I have searched the forums to see if there is a similar problem like the one I am having, but, did not come across. I bought my T500 in 2009 with XP installed. I have recently installed Windows 8.1 and started to experience problems with my Intel Wifi 5350. Upon restart, the driver is unable to connect to my home wifi. In order to connect, I need to go through trouble shooting and reset the wifi link, which, then, fixes the problem. When I first installed Windows 8.1, I did not have this problem. It seemed to have happened after a few auto updates.

The driver software I have is 13.3.0.137 with a date of 8/15/2010. Driver provider is Microsoft. 

I downloaded but not yet installed Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1 Wireless_17.1.0_De164.exe. I am not sure if this will fix it. I wanted to ask this first before I do something. If you have had this before or know the answer, could you please post specific links to which drivers I should install manually? Thanks! I appreciate if you could be specific in your responses as I am not super tech savvy. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors