Token Ring
Views: 201
Message 1 of 3

T500 Not able to wake from with USB charging

I cant wake from sleep with a usb device charging what do I do

ThinkPad Twist S230U-
OS-Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU-Intel Core i7 3517U @ 1.90GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM-8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard-LENOVO 3347CTO (CPU Socket - U3E1)
Graphics-Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display 1366x768 (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo)
Storage-298GB Seagate ST320LT007-9ZV142 (SATA) 22GB SanDisk SSD U100 24GB (SSD) 29GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
Audio-Realtek High Definition Audio
Spiderlucci
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 2 of 3

Re: T500 Not able to wake from with USB charging

it seems the touchpad doesn't seem to work .

I hit fn +F6 to try to enable the touchpad and it didn't work.
also went in safe mode and it still gave me the same problem... I uninstall the hardware and software in device manager and still had issues

now could this be an Operating system issue that may need to reinstall?
I know the bios may need to be cleared anyway because the tech guy that use to fix my friends laptop put a password on it and now never responds to his phone since he doesn't do computers anymore.

so I understand if this is the cmos and I have had exper in working with some laptop... more on desktops. here is a link of the motherboard of the V570

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo.....7675.l2557

i notice a red and black wire connected to the cmos "IF THIS IS THE CMOS"??? right next to the ram.... just never seen one like this and I also understand that some laptop won't let you remove the cmos either "Force it off" if this is the cmos how should I remove the battery... just disconnect the wires only?, battery only?

didn't know where to post... I looked and read and still no go... please help

thanks for the help Spider

Spiderlucci
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 3 of 3

reset cmos

it seems the touchpad doesn't seem to work .

I hit fn +F6 to try to enable the touchpad and it didn't work.
also went in safe mode and it still gave me the same problem... I uninstall the hardware and software in device manager and still had issues

now could this be an Operating system issue that may need to reinstall?
I know the bios may need to be cleared anyway because the tech guy that use to fix my friends laptop put a password on it and now never responds to his phone since he doesn't do computers anymore.

so I understand if this is the cmos and I have had exper in working with some laptop... more on desktops. here is a link of the motherboard of the V570

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo.....7675.l2557

i notice a red and black wire connected to the cmos "IF THIS IS THE CMOS"??? right next to the ram.... just never seen one like this and I also understand that some laptop won't let you remove the cmos either "Force it off" if this is the cmos how should I remove the battery... just disconnect the wires only?, battery only?

didn't know where to post... I looked and read and still no go... please help

thanks for the help Spider

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors