cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maelstrom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 732
Message 1 of 2

T500: Unable to start the Bluetooth printer service.

Greetings!  I've been banging my head against this for awhile now.  My company had a customized T500 last year with a Lenovo wireless card in it, and now we've switched to an off-the-shelf model with the Intel card.  Suddenly, we cannot print consistently to Bluetooth printers.

I say "consistently" because it *will* print, but only 1 job.  Then you have to power off/on the printer to print another job, rinse and repeat.  The only thing that seems to stand out as the culprit is when I go to Enable the Bluetooth Printer Service, it tells me "Unable to start the Bluetooth printer service.  Verify the local printer is physically connected to this computer by a USB or parellel cable, is set as the default print, and is turned on."

This same printer (HP Officejet 470) will work just fine on our older T500's, along with other even older T42 models.  Also, the printer works great when on a USB cable -- it's just the Bluetooth that gives us problems.  All the other Bluetooth services appear to be enabled OK -- it's the Printer Service that has an error.

One thing:  the Bluetooth printing works fine in the factory Windows Vista installation.  But we run a customized Windows XP sp2 load.  However, I've tried updating all the drivers I can think of and installing the full HP software suite, all to no avail.  And I evidently appear to be the only person this has ever happened to, because there is nothing via Google etc. that helps.

So I've come here, hoping for a miracle.  Any and all suggestions are welcomed with open arms.

Maelstrom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 685
Message 2 of 2

Re: T500: Unable to start the Bluetooth printer service.

Nobody has any suggestions?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors