Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Max2222
Paper Tape
Views: 20,980
Message 1 of 9

T500 Windows 10 64-bit Display drivers

Hello

I have Install Windows 10 64bit clean on my T500 (Not updatet from 7 to 10) and can't find any Driver for it!

Is there any chance to get a Display Driver? My System use at moment a Display Driver from Microsoft Update and some of my apps don't work with them.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 20,964
Message 2 of 9

Re: T500 Windows 8.1 64-bit Display drivers

What video card does your system have?  

If you have the Intel Graphics Media Adapter(GMA) 4500MHD adapter, Intel is not releasing a Windows 10 driver, but you can sometimes install the Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode, and it will work in Windows 10.

First go here on Intel's website and download the Intel Graphics Media Driver for Windows 7/Vista (make sure it is of the same 64-bit type as your Windows 10) and save it to your desktop, or somewhere else that will be easy to find.

• Right-click the downloaded driver file, and then click Properties.
  • Click the Compatibility tab.
  • Click Change Settings for All Users.
  • Click the box next to Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for:
  • Using the drop-down menu select the Operating System that matches the Operating System of the driver downloaded (e.g. Windows 7)
  • Touch or click Apply, then click OK.
  • Click OK again
  • Right-click the downloaded driver file, then select Run as Administrator

Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics for Previous Generation Intel® Processors

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81503/Intel-HD-Graphics-for-Previous-Generation-Intel-Proce...

Good Luck,

PS   If still having issues, see the post below. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/gma-drivers-or-windo...

Max2222
Paper Tape
Views: 20,940
Message 3 of 9

Re: T500 Windows 10 64-bit Display drivers

Thanks you, but this not help!

I have try many many many ways last 4 hours and no one works for me. I get everytime this message: ""This system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"" when i try to install it with compatibilty mode. This should mean wrong Driver... But i am sure that the GM45 is the correct one. And even when i deactive the Driver's signature and try to install it manually then i still get an error like" the best driver for this device is installed or There is no compatible driver in the specified folder for this device! I am sure the problem is the acces rights on Windows 10 even using Administrator rights.

I will go back to Windows 7 or maybe will give linux a chance.

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 20,896
Message 4 of 9

I struggled with my W500 and Win 10 video drivers. There were solutions and if you keep digging you'll fnd them. First, I would simply use the Lenovo Win 7 driver. My final choice was to go back to Win 7. It's fully functional in every way (hotkeys etc) and is faster than Win 10 was. Other than a different UI, I saw no real advantages to Win 10 for my every-day work requirements. YMMV
Max2222
Paper Tape
Views: 20,867
Message 5 of 9

Finally i find a Solution. This is the only Display Driver that works for me (Lenovo t500 windows 10 64bit): Without compatibly mode or deactive driver signature. Maybe Someone search or need it on Day.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 64 bit

P.S This Driver is more the 6 Years old and works perfectly

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18402

Thx to the Forum

filou78
What's DOS?
Views: 20,828
Message 6 of 9

Btw, did anyone try to install the amd ATI drivers for the radeaon HD 3650 Graphic card (in switchable graphic mode in bios)?

djendurance
What's DOS?
Views: 20,128
Message 7 of 9

yes i tried i have downloaded the ati amd but it work not.

djendurance
What's DOS?
Views: 20,127
Message 8 of 9

I am using t500 and am runing windows 10 0n it smootly i have run mac os elcapitan on it also and all work well.

for windows 10 i think you should go back to wondows 7 since t500 was made for windows 7 and below. And then do all the update all what you want the graphics everything and is only windows 7 that it update is easy i  mean the way to update is easy.

and lastly download windows upgrade assistant. and upgrade to windows 10 it will work perfect. it worked for me an i hope it will work for you too.

for mac i am tryaing of releasing tutorials on it so it will be out soon.

Thanks for reading my comment.

sam7376
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,315
Message 9 of 9

Try installing driver booster. Then doing an update.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors