Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again

T500 first impressions and questions

I just received my computer this afternoon and I have been playing with it for the last couple

of hours. I thought I would share my first impressions:

Like I have been told, the build quality seems solid and quite impressive.

I am surprised by how much I like the simple, dated appearance of the notebook. The

off center screen isn't something that I find noticeable. And although I don't like how much

the 9 cell battery sticks out the back, it is one of those things where the performance

is worth the price. All in all, I feel that the appearance is very discreet.

I don't like that there are only 3 USB ports, but I knew what I was getting into. I didn't realize

how close together they are and I hope that I don't run into problems when I need to plug

multiple items in.

Thus far, the system runs extremely quiet and quite cool.

The startup/shutdown is much slower than I thought it would be (windows vista, SSD,GHz)

but I haven't really tried to optimize it because I am waiting for the arrival of my windows 7

disk. I just anticipated a faster and more responsive boot/load/etc time with the build

specs I chose.

I do not find that there is any noticeable flex in my keyboard. I obviously haven't used it much,

but so far so good. I was surprised by how small the touchpad area is, but I hope that is something

I get used to and something that is balanced out by the touchpoint technology.

I haven't tried to watch or listen to anything yet so I don't really know how I feel about that

aspect.

I still haven't figured out many of the intricacies and options presumably because I come

from using XP (which I regret not downgrading to) and am also not used to business class

laptops.

I was wondering what the best way to get the gunk left behind after the removal of the windows vista sticks offer?

Am I correct in assuming that I can use the fingerprint reader as my master password for firefox?

If so, is there an easy to follow guide that someone can link me to? I have tried to look it up, but

haven't encountered anything that has been too helpful. I am not extremely proficient when it comes

to setting up these types of things.

Highlighted
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Re: T500 first impressions and questions

How do you like the display in comparison to other premium manufacturers?

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

You may have noticed my other post about the display. I am overwhelmingly disappointed.

I brought it to a non-discerning friend for a second opinion and after watching a short

amount of video and looking at a couple of pictures side by side with other computers

she seconded the extreme lack of quality.

One of the video clips involved a lady with blond hair and my friend noted that on the t500

her hair appeared almost white because of the lack of colour

HDMI
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

what model do you have? write the xxx xxxx 7 digit code you find at the bottom                            i have the af9-2055 and the display is great

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Mine is 2081CTO

Retired Guru
0 Kudos

I know that I also responded to your other posting on this matter, but especially during video playback you can improve the colors quite a bit using the video drivers options.

AtticusJames wrote:

You may have noticed my other post about the display. I am overwhelmingly disappointed.

I brought it to a non-discerning friend for a second opinion and after watching a short

amount of video and looking at a couple of pictures side by side with other computers

she seconded the extreme lack of quality.

One of the video clips involved a lady with blond hair and my friend noted that on the t500

her hair appeared almost white because of the lack of colour

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 8 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52