Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

T500 hibernation 1-3-3-1 beeps

Recently my T500 2089-2UG has been acting strange. Sometimes when I open the lid, it won't wake up from hibernation. Goes bleeping mad with the 1-3-3-1 beep sequence. It seems to be more frequent when I run on battery than AC. Only changes I've made resently is to upgrade BIOS to 3.01 and install power manager 3.01a.

What I have ruled out so far is memory. Tried another pair of dimms (KTL-TP1066/2G). No change, 1-3-3-1 beep is still there. Even ran Memtest86+ for 11 passes without error.

I also tried the Live Ubuntu 9.04 CD setting it up to suspend when I close the lid. First time I open the lid, it woke up normally. The second time, the screen went blank and no beeps! Num-lock seems to work, but closing the lid does not suspend. Better than Vista 64, but still in fault. 

Remaining offenders:

Bios 3.01?

Sanoy 42T4503 Battery? (Barcode: 1ZESK88C1AR, serial# 1683)

Vista 64 Power Manager drivers?

Linux Power Manager drivers?

So far I have spent 6 hours trying to solve this issue. Now I feel it is time to call it a day. Help! Anyone got a clue?

Topics: 135
Kudos: 278
Solutions: 185
0 Kudos

Re: T500 hibernation 1-3-3-1 beeps

Hello gammern, welcome to our forums!

Please check out firax´s solution here or this hint given by another member here.

@LenovoForums on Twitter!
Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español