cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ole
Punch Card
Views: 3,202
Message 1 of 5

T500 screen flicker - defective backlight?

My T500 with a CCFL backlight screen has so much flicker that I get an eyestrain after just a minute or two. At first I thought it was because the refresh rate could not be set higher than 60Hz, but that was CRT logic, I read up after input from various people in the previous thread MAX refresh rate at 60Hz on a T500 screen and learned my ABC of LCD technology. (Thanks guys)

This perceived flicker on the screen is very similar to CRT interlace flicker around 70-75Hz, there was an initial reaction that it could be caused by a defective backlight? How do I check that? Anything else?

Thanks,

Ole

firaX
HDMI
Views: 3,177
Message 2 of 5

Re: T500 screen flicker - defective backlight?

Maybe the inverter is broken, happened to me on a LCD TV before. If you have warranty, why not send it in? Things like this can seldom be solved via software solutions. All you can really do is verify your GPU drivers are correctly installed and working.
Thinkpad T400 (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)
Ole
Punch Card
Views: 3,151
Message 3 of 5

@firaX wrote:
Maybe the inverter is broken, happened to me on a LCD TV before. If you have warranty, why not send it in? Things like this can seldom be solved via software solutions. All you can really do is verify your GPU drivers are correctly installed and working.

What happens when an inverter (?) is broken? How do I verify GPU drivers?

I hooked up through VGA on two different external monitors, one CRT at 75Hz, one LCD at 60Hz and 75Hz, I could not perceive any of the same flicker. Other people looking at it felt eyestrain immediately like myself.

snake_julian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,099
Message 4 of 5

If the display is flickering and on an external monitor the display is ok the problem might lie with the inverter or/and the lcd cable. Contact the support for repairs
Views: 3,069
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the input, I will contact for repairs.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors