cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falados
What's DOS?
Views: 1,039
Message 1 of 2

T500 (vista x64): Discrete graphics (ati radeon 3650) missing from device driver

I recently realized I've been running on integrated graphics so I checked device manager and cannot find my discrete ati radeon 3650 device anywhere. In my display settings, there's only 2 sets of intel integrated graphics 4500, when there use to be one that says mobility radeon hd 3650. I installed the new video adapter driver for the radeon ati card from lenovo support and still nothing (yes the correct version etc), the ati mobility did not show up in device manager at all. I tried setting ati to high powered mode, still nothing, resulting in my computer to crash most of the time, it seems to set on low powered. The only device driver avaliable appears to be my crappy intel integrated graphics card. I tried in bios to set display to set discrete graphics, gets blank screen on lcd whenever i restart computer, I had to plug an external monitor into my laptop to return settings back to switchable graphics on bios. Is there anyway to fix this problem or is this happening b/c my mobility radeon card suffered a hardware failure? Thanks.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,026
Message 2 of 2

Re: T500 (vista x64): Discrete graphics (ati radeon 3650) missing from device driver

that sounds like your ATI radeon having a problem. Do you have warranty left? Does applying force on the ATI GPU chipset allow it work momentarily?

If you don't have warranty then you might need to stick with your integrated gpu.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors