cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redart
Token Ring
Views: 313
Message 1 of 3

T500 wakes from sleep on lid open, then immediately sleeps again (Win 10)

Hi,

Got a strange problem with my T500 that started after I upgraded to Windows 10.  It wakes from sleep when I open the lid, but then after showing the lock screen for a few seconds it goes back to sleep again.  No amount of key pressing or mouse action will stop this from happening.  Once back to sleep I can wake it for good by pressing the Fn key and everything is fine. Doesn't matter how long it's been asleep for.  Hybrid sleep and Hibernate are both off.  Got a T410s also running Windows 10 and same settings but this wakes up fine.  Anyone else experienced this ?

redart
Token Ring
Views: 261
Message 2 of 3

Re: T500 wakes from sleep on lid open, then immediately sleeps again (Win 10)

OK found the solution - seems it was a conflict between Windows 10 power management and Lenovo power management. Killed all the Lenovo power management processes and now it wakes up properly Smiley Happy
redart
Token Ring
Views: 238
Message 3 of 3

Re: T500 wakes from sleep on lid open, then immediately sleeps again (Win 10)

OK I spoke too soon - the problem is back.  Think I might need to start a new thread as not sure how to unmark as solved. Have also discovered that it's not just lid open waking that does it....if I put the laptop to sleep using the F4 key it still needs 2 attempts to wake up.  Have also noticed that on first attempt no sound is made, but on the second, successful attempt, I get the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound.

Moderator note: removed the "solution" flag.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors