English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops Knowledge Base

T510 Enabling BlueTooth Radio - Not showing up when pressing Fn-F5

<H2>Question</H2> <p>When I hit the FnF5 button, I only get the Wireless LAN Radio option and not the BlueTooth. What should I do or check to enable my Bluetooth radio? When I first got my new laptop the radio was on by default and working. Since then I have turned off a lot off options for services that I don't use and might have turned off Bluetooth accidentally. When I reboot I can see the BlueTooth LED come on for a split second at the start and then turns off as the laptop starts up.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I don't see the Bluetooth adapter on my Device Manager list too. If everything was working normally under what heading should the adapter be listed?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <H2>Answer</H2> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>There could be multiple reasons why this isn't working - it must be enabled in BIOS, and have the proper bluetooth, hotkeys and power management drivers loaded.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>1) Restart the system and press F1 to enter BIOS. Check to ensure this is enabled in BIOS security-I/O port access</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>2) Reinstall the bluetooth driver appropriate for your OS from the Lenovo support site and reboot.&nbsp; Confirm the bluetooth device is now present in device manager.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>3)&nbsp;Check FN+F5 to see if bluetooth can now be toggled.&nbsp; If not, rReinstall the hotkey driver and reboot and try the FN-F5 again and see if bluetooth can be enabled.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Was this information helpful?

Comments

brownfox67 On 2014-04-19, 11:15 AM
<p>In my case the cable had come unattached. Remove the screen bezel and at the bottom there is the bluetooth radio and connector - simple re-attach. Took me days to work this out!</p>

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop