Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bogatyr
802.11n
Views: 565
Message 11 of 15

Re: T520 Battery Rattle (Noise)

Look up W520 loose battery and you'll find the same issue, it's been known for some time. W520 and T520 share the same chassis and battery as far as I know.

Stephen1
Serial Port
Views: 553
Message 12 of 15

Isn't loose battery really dangerous?
Chris_77
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 13 of 15

So I receive a replacement battery last night and yes, the same issue still exists.  I am not very happy about this now.....It's not noticible unless you picku up the laptop, but I bought this unit to be able to take to meeting and now have to listen to the clicking sound arrrgggghhhhh

Sad the customer support says there is no known issue.

andynomics
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 14 of 15

Hey Chris (and other's with a similar problem),

I just received my new T520 last night and came across the same problem.  Everything was fine until I picked up my laptop to move around and I noticed how loose the battery was.  I quickly Googled it and here I am. 

I just wanted to let you know that I called Lenovo support and he didn't seem too surprised (it really annoys me when they say "Oh, I've never heard of that problem before" when it's being posted everywhere).  He told me I can either request a new laptop or send it over to the depot to get the bottom housing/casing replaced (I can't remember exactly what it was).  He said it wasn't a problem with the battery.  So, I hope that gives you and the others who have a similar problem some direction!

Good luck!

Andy

andynomics
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 15 of 15

Hmmm.. Just got off the phone with the EasyServ people and apparently the technicians will just be shipping back my laptop with a new battery.  Oh jeez.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors