cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 481
Message 1 of 6

[T520] How to reassemble my Touchpad Left Button?

Hello,

My touchpad left button was working 30% of the times those days, so I opened it and cleaned it (there was dust).

How to reassemble it?

I guess part #2 goes on the round green circle, and I tried, and it works. How to reassemble #1, #3, #4 ?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the photo:

touchpad button problem t520.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 458
Message 2 of 6

Re: [T520] How to reassemble my Touchpad Left Button?

Piece 2 is manufactured with an adhesive that is difficult to match.  I tried several things and never got good results.

Are the little tabs (on piece 4) that clamp onto the metal parts (1 and 3) intact?  If damaged, repair is impossible.  If the tabs are intact and you can get piece 2 attached, pieces 1 and 3 can be attached to the base and the key simply snaps on

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
yep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your answer @richk. I edited the original photo and called #0 the base (on the computer itself).

The little tabs on piece #4 seem intact.

--

Question: In which order should I attach parts, to what, and how should #1, #3 be rotated? I can't figure out how it goes...

• Should #1 be attached to #0 first? Like it is on the photo, or #1 rotated 90° or rotated 180°?

or

• Should #1 be attached to #4 first?

Then: where does #3 go? Should it be attached to #0 (rotated how?) or to #4?

PS @richk: if you can post a photo, or edit mine, even with MSPaint, to show precisely which part goes where, I would be very thankful!

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 429
Message 4 of 6

I don't have one to look at, but what I remember is that the long edge of "1" will snap into the tabs on the top edge of "0" when it snaps into place.  I believe that  the 2 legs of "3" slide into pockets on "0" when you are putting it all together so the flat part of "3" (bottom of the "U") must clip onto the button.  Sorry, but it has been a while since I did this.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
yep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 417
Message 5 of 6

Thank you very much for your help. After trial and error, here is the solution Smiley Happy

t520 touchpad button solved.jpg

karate_chop
Blue Screen Again
Views: 344
Message 6 of 6

You genius, you deserve a hug! It was really smart to make the visual the way you did and I'm really glad it worked for you. It also worked for my Lenovo Thinkpad T400. I had done the same, pulled the key off to clean it. The only difference was the metal prongs were stuck to the key itself but it helped a ton to remove the prongs instead of trying to press the key directly in place. Thank you for sharing!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors