Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hfu666
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,214
Message 1 of 8

T520 - Update fails for Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver and Lenovo AutoLock

Hello,

I am running W7 64bit with an SSD. I did all the updates but the updates of the Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver for Windows 64bit and Lenovo AutoLock fail. The error message is:

"The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."

There is nothing to select and I don't have an idea what this message means. I searched already for this error message but I couldn’t find something. I am using the ThinkVantage System Update and I tried already the manual update. The manual update produces the same error message. I tried also to install one patch after the other. The installation of the Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver simply says that it cannot be installed, no further reason, no possibility for a manual installation. The installation of the AutoLock patch produces the above error message.

Please could someone help me?

mafo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,168
Message 2 of 8

Betreff: T520 - Update fails for Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver and Lenovo AutoLock

Simlar problem here on a T510 with SSD and German Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit. System Update lists Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver 10.6.0.1002 as optional update but repeated installation attempts fails without explanation. Status simply says "Not installed". Where did you find the errror message? At the same time I tried to update the AHCI driver with System Update, I also tried to update the "ThinkPad Video Features(NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M and NVIDIA NVS 3100M) for Windows 7 64bit" to version 8.17.12.6824. That installation failed as well without an explanation. Now, the new version is not listed anymore in System Update. Version 8.17.12.6721 had been installed in August.
masterllama
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,163
Message 3 of 8

Betreff: T520 - Update fails for Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver and Lenovo AutoLock

This is because you must uninstall the previous drivers before attempting the update.  The software does not do this automatically which is why the update fails.

Uninstall the previous drivers from the device manager and then retry the update and it will work (it did for me).

mixz1
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,128
Message 4 of 8

Re: T520 - Update fails for Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver and Lenovo AutoLock

I experienced the same problem with the added feature of it being offered over and over by System Update. I went to the folder where the update had been downloaded, in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\System Update\session\83io25ww\ and ran the .exe file which extracted the driver setup to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\IRST64.

Then I opened Device Manager and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers selected the Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset STA AHCI Controller, RIGHT-clicked and selected Update Driver and then manually pointed to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\IRST64. The update worked perfectly and System Update no longer offers the update.

The AutoLock problem is one I have not encountered so sorry, but I have no ideas about it.

Good luck.

wandrr
Punch Card
Views: 3,097
Message 5 of 8

This solution worked for me on a T410 as well. Thanks!
Arnie
Thinkpad T410 2516 CTO
Thinkpad T60p 2613-HPU (retired)
hfu666
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,067
Message 6 of 8

Thanks mixz1, it work!

But the AutoLock problem remains: "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."

Does anybody know a solution?

mixz1
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,049
Message 7 of 8

Let's mark the first problem solved. Next, can you completely uninstall the auto-lock program? It's located in the Program files directory in a folder called AutoLock. You'll find the uninstaller, unin000.exe which you can run directly from there.

Then, use a tool like Ccleaner (get the free version from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) after backing up your registry) to clean up the registry. Then try re-installing AutoLock either from System Update or the free standing installer, which you can find on your C drive in C:\SWTOOLS\readyapps\AutoLock. Let's see if that works.

Viel gluck!

hfu666
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,024
Message 8 of 8

Thanks again, it works now!

I tried it via System Update but it throws the same error

I tried it manually, the installation was smooth but I was still on version 1.4

Then I downloaded the update to 1.5 via the System Update and than installed it manually: This worked!

Muchas gracias

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors