Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ThinkMad
Paper Tape
Views: 6,744
Message 1 of 4

T520 WiFi Issues

Recently I had to reinstall Windows 7 on my ThinkPad T520 I set up the wireless connection and it's working ,but

the only way to activate the wireless radios (WiFi and Bluetooth) is with the physical switch on the left corner,

Fn+F5 will not bring up the Master Control where each radio can be turned on or off independent of each other. The access conection Icon in the  System tray is does  not lit up  even when I do have a wireless connection .

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Mr.TT

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,726
Message 2 of 4

Re: T520 WiFi Issues

Install the latest version of the communication utility

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ThinkMad
Paper Tape
Views: 6,703
Message 3 of 4

Thank You Rich for pointing me to the right direction ,Lenovo Communication Utility didn't help much but

downloading Hotkey Features Integration 3.89.0000 , and reinstalling ThinkVantage Access connection

latest version 6.22 solved my problem.

MrTT.

TEF
Punch Card
Views: 1,240
Message 4 of 4

My T430 (w/Win 7) would not automatically switch from Wifi to LAN connection when placed into Lenovo docking station.  However, re-installation of Lenovo comm utility after installation of Hotkey did the trick.  Now have typical Lenovo symbols for wifi and LAN connections on lower right of screen.  Also have the utility that illustrates various wifi connections (and proxmities).  Thanks for the tip, it certainly has made life easier when using docking station.  BTW, downgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 improves everything in my opinion.  Not sure why Windows ever introduced 8 and 8.1.  

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors