Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6 (1,310 Views)

T520 cannot enable both TrackPoint and TouchPad

Have T520, Windows 7 64bit.

Latest versions of Ultranav drivers and utility.

Both TrackPoint and TouchPad are enabled in BIOS, however, TrackPoint is always disabled, and it shows as such in the Ultranav utility.

• If I disable TouchPad in BIOS and only enable TrackPoint in BIOS, then TrackPoint works fine, and only that shows enabled.
  • If I disable TrackPoint in BIOS and only enable TouchPad in BIOS, then TouchPad works fine, and only that shows enabled.
  • If I enable both in BIOS, then only TouchPad works, and only that shows enabled in Ultranav utilities, with the checkmark to enable TrackPoint grayed out. Doing Fn+F8 shows all three combinations of options, however, selecting both TouchPad and TrackPoint here does not do anything, and option always remains with Enable TouchPad only.

Is there a way to use both TrackPoint and TouchPad? Why is TrackPoint always disabled if both are enabled in the BIOS? Other Thinkpads I've used never had this issue...

Thanks.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 6 (1,285 Views)

Re: T520 cannot enable both TrackPoint and TouchPad

Sorry for the bump... but this forum is popular and post gets buried pretty quickly...

Has anyone experienced this before and have any ideas? BIOS and all drivers are up to date...

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Message 3 of 6 (1,279 Views)

I've never seen the issue. Make sure you have the latest BIOS and hit F9 for setup defaults

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6 (1,248 Views)

Hmm... BIOS is latest version as well...

So others with T520 and latest version of BIOS and driver/utility do not have this issue?

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 6 (643 Views)

I know this was a long time ago but I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a resolution ?

I have already replaced the keyboard AND the trackpad buttons in an attempt to eliminate the porblem, but that was all a waste of time and money - the problem is still there !

Any enlightenment much appreciated !

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)

I've narrowed it down to the most recent BIOS update. I get a prompt when I use Fn F8 to enable the trackpad. It says "To use UltraNav Utility, please enable both TrackPoint and touch pad from BIOS Setup Utility". These are both set to 'Enabled' in BIOS.

So something must be awry with the latest BIOS update.

Does anyone know how to get a good BIOS installed to re-enable the touch pad?

Thanks.

Top kudoed Authors