Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uncle-Petey
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 1 of 2

T530 CD/DVD

I have a relatively bullet-proof T530. After installing Windows updates and Lenovo updates, I had some bugs, one of which was/is with the optical drive.

Another bug was that crazy hibernate/sleep thing. They weren't even offered as options in the shut-down menu!  Saying goodbye to Lenovo Power Manager seems to have fixed that...

But since my last Lenovo update, the Optical drive won't work. The machine knows it's there, and will open it when I want it open... but that's all it will do.

And the craziest thing is that the hard drive seems to want to access the optical drive all the time! It's regularly clicking and making noises.
When I put a CD in, it can't be read.

It worked perfectly until updating the Lenovo stuff...

Any suggestions short of going through the hassle of saving everything and starting over? I really don't wanna do that...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 90
Message 2 of 2

Re: T530 CD/DVD

The machine is about 6 years old and optical drives are more likely to fail than hard drives, memory, usb ports and other key parts.  The read-write heads are a common failure point.  Would it be possible that you could try another drive?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors