Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjgrenyer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,948
Message 1 of 4

T530, Mini Dock Series 3, Intel Graphics & Dual Monitors

Hi All

I have a T530 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a Mini Dock Series 3. I've done lots of googling, but I can't seem to find out:

1. If this hardware supports dual monitors.

2. How to setup dual monitors with Windows.

3. How to setup dual monitors with Linux.

Can someone help me at least with 1, please? I've tried connecting 2 monitors to the docking station. One VGA and one via a VGA convertor to the DVI-D port. Windows seems to half detect the monitor on the DVI port, but I can get nothing out of it. Fn + F7 isn't helping me much either.

Thanks

Paul

T520 (love it) & Mini Dock Series 3

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 3,935
Message 2 of 4

Re: T530, Mini Dock Series 3, Intel Graphics & Dual Monitors

1. Yes, that is without the internal LCD on. But you can get more screen support (> 2 screens), if you use displaylink usb video adapters (i.e. ThinkPad USB 3.0 docks), or use a displayport to dvi, vga, displayport splitter (i.e. Lenovo displaylink splitter).

2. DVI-D is a digital video only video output port, so it won't support a simple DVI to VGA adapter, only a DVI-I port does. If you need another VGA port, you would need a Displayport to VGA converter.

3. Same issue as above, it is basically you got the converter wrong. Once you have the displayport to vga converter you should be fine.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Aldridge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,847
Message 3 of 4

hello,

may be this is helpful for you:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T530-multiple-display-configuration/td-p/10...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a volunteer, don't work for Lenovo. I am a software engineer.
thinkpad x61t, Useful Tools:always on top time reminder screen capture Copy Recorder
pjgrenyer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,781
Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much for your reply! My new 24" Dell monitor arrived today and it came with a DVI cable, so tried that along with my original monitor on VGA and it worked perfectly once I turned off the laptop screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors