cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
compact101
Paper Tape
Views: 1,279
Message 1 of 2

T530 Speakers have stopped working, headphones still working, tiny small popping / clicking

New T530

Speakers and Headphones were working fine.

I have installed some codecs for VLC (don't think this would affect things)

The speakers stopped working, but if you press your ear to the machine, you can hear some tiny clicks / pops when you try to play audio/video (itunes, VLC etc.)

Checked Drivers, Sound Mixer, etc. All say the sound is on full.

Volume Control Options show Speaker/HP 'realtek High Definition Audio'

I tried updating the Sound Drivers. I rolled back the drivers, I unistalled the drivers.

Downloaded the drivers from Lenovo, tried Microsoft. 

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

CorkyG
802.11n
Views: 1,244
Message 2 of 2

Re: T530 Speakers have stopped working, headphones still working, tiny small popping / clicking

Not really sure about this, but it sounds like the audio port's mechanical shunt is stuck or broken off.  That is an age old way of turning off speakers when a headphone or external speaker jack is inserted.  The jack pushes a small metal shunt over that opens the internal speakers' circuit.  When the jack is withdrawn, that small shunt is supposed to return to the original position that lets internal speakers function again.

If that shunt is stuck or broken, the internal speakers could remain blocked after an external jack is removed.

This is not a new problem, but it is not a common problem.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/No-sound-from-internal-speakers-only-from-h...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors