Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-09-2013

United States of America

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 2

T530 System Board Issues

2013-01-19, 20:52 PM

Running a Windows 8 Pro ThinkPad T530. This PC is brand new and the system board has failed. So I scheduled maintenance and it was replaced. 8 days later the same problem happens and more maintenance is needed.

Here is what I experience each time:

• Screen freezes and images and windows are still displayed but mouse and keyboard are not responsive
  • Black screen upon power down and power on
  • No back-light behind screen
  • Keyboard lights, optical drive, and fan still make noise and flash lights upon boot
  • No hard drive indicator light
  • Media keys don't respond meaning operating system didn't load in background (thus it isn't just the screen failing to display something)

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a recall at all on these parts or affected machines that I don't know about? Could it be any other hardware that I should request the repair center look into?

Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Views: 33643
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T530 System Board Issues

2013-01-20, 21:53 PM

Hi, danielbeihoff

After the replacement of the motherboard, were the drivers and BIOS updated? These problems could be hardware related, but I would make sure all software is up to date before calling service again. And the latest BIOS for your system is less than two weeks old, so it's worth looking into, I think. All driver updates can be found here

Hope it helps,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms