Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanly
Paper Tape
Views: 914
Message 1 of 4

T530: WLAN-Card in the WWAN-Slot?

Hi there,

I want to upgrade my wlan-card to an ac-model. As there are still no ac-cards on the bios-whiteliste, my question is if a wlan-card (mayby with a taped pin 20) would work in the wwan-slot. As I heard there where a few older models with this possibility. Does anyone know about the T530? I don't want to buy a new computer just to use ac-wlan Smiley Very Happy

Best regards

stanly

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 912
Message 2 of 4

Re: T530: WLAN-Card in the WWAN-Slot?

Hello, stanly

You wrote:
> my question is if a wlan-card (mayby with a taped pin 20) would work in the wwan-slot.

it's impossible due to PCIe bus lanes absence in the wwan slot.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

stanly
Paper Tape
Views: 863
Message 3 of 4

I thought wlan and wwan-ports are both Mini-PCI-Express?!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 859
Message 4 of 4

Yes, it's a common name of the slots. But wlan slot in the T530 has a full featured PCIe bus lanes (except of the SIM card lanes) for WiFi card and USB 2.0 lanes for WiMAX card, while wwan/msata slot has a couple of the PCIe lanes for device fitted in the slot control, SIM card lanes, SATA lanes for msata SSD and USB 2.0 lanes for wwan card.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors