Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
metsfan1025
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 1 of 1

T530 Windows 7mBlack Screen with Cursor on Start Up

Hello,

My T530 Laptop gets hung up on a black screen with a moveable cursor when I try to boot it up. It seems like for seem reason it just refuses to load the background graphics, only the cursor. This occurs after the windows logo but logging in to my user. I have never had an issue on Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking; only regular start up. 

Based on my research, I believe the issue is with the display adapter but I am not entirely sure. Usually after I try various combinations of fixes (system restore, delete display adapter, redownload display adapters, etc.) it will eventually "catch" and load the user log in screen. Once in, the laptop works as normal as long as I only let it go into sleep mode. If I fully restart or if it dies from low battery, I almost always hit the black screen problem.

My current stretch I've gone without being able to get past the screen on normal mode and I am not sure what else to try. It has been happening for months and I am yet to find a permanent fix. Any help is appreciated.

My computer is running 64 bit windows 7; usually when operational it says I use the Intel HD 4000 card but I have also tried using all other combinations of the windows 7 cards downloaded from the support.lenovo website.

Thanks again for any assistance.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors