Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristian607
Paper Tape
Views: 742
Message 1 of 4

T530 back USB port stops working and causes crash during suspend

Hello,

I have an issue with the back USB port of the computer.

From times to times it just stops working. I have a mouse connected, and if I plug something else in, I get the same result, i.e. port not functional.

I have noticed that after this happens, If i put my PC in suspend mode, it hangs and doesn't go to sleep any more.

I have had until now a blue screen as well, mentioning: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER, cf the picture below:

Link to image

Looking at the name of the error code, I'd say it's related to the non-functional USB port problem as well. I have read something similar regarding W510 here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W510-USB-Gone-AWOL/td-p/211692 However in that case, the USB issue was permanent.

I have another issue with the PC, but I don't know if it's related or not: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T530-2392CTO-crashes-with-display-artifacts...

Have you experienced issues like this one?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Cristian.

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 738
Message 2 of 4

Re: T530 back USB port stops working and causes crash during suspend

Thanks for reporting this. Appreciate if you can let me know the following.

1. Does this issue happen if the USB mouse is plugged into the other USB ports? (or only the back USB port)
2. Is "Always-On USB" enabled when issue happen? If yes, can try disabling it and see problem persist?
3. Updated BIOS and other drivers? Try running ThinkVantage System Update and see if it helps.

Thanks

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
MrChard39
Paper Tape
Views: 51
Message 3 of 4

I think I have a similar issue with my back usb port because sometimes my y530 starts to boot up and screen goes black. When I unplug the back usb, it starts up fine. Are you still having probs with yours? Did you find out what was wrong?
MrChard39
Paper Tape
Views: 50
Message 4 of 4

Where do I enable/disable "always on USB"?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors