Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebaron
Paper Tape
Views: 358
Message 1 of 6

T530 bricked after Lenovo update.

Hello,

For the last couple weeks my T530 has been nagging me to do a "critical system update" from Lenovo. Today I caved and ran the update. Turns out it was a bios update.

After the update it said "Bios update successful" and then my screen went black. My laptop won't boot at all now the screen just stays black, no pre/post screen or anything. 

I don't have access to another computer here so I can't make a recovery disk for a week or so. Any ideas on what I can do to try and resurrect this beast? 

Ive tried many hard power offs to no avail. 

thebaron
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 2 of 6

Re: T530 bricked after Lenovo update.

I've also pulled th CMOS battery and let it sit a while. That didn't help any.

i don't think a bios recovery disc would help anyways because I can't get anything to boot including USB or CD recovery tools that I already have. 

vitalishe
Paper Tape
Views: 65
Message 3 of 6

I have problems after BIOS update I did yesterday with my P50s. For me it is the USB potrs and fingerprint reader that stopped working. Lenovo Support was useless as they are eager to take the laptop for service, but don't have anyone who knows anything about software and dirvers.

Makes me question the choice of the company after 15 years of using their products.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 297
Message 4 of 6

Go into the BIOS, hit F9, return to factory.

This might work.

thebaron
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 5 of 6

I can't get to the bios. The screen is black at power on and no keystrokes do anything. 

I managed to create a recovery USB using Wincrisis but holding fn+b or fn+r at power on does nothing at all

thebaron
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 6 of 6

Not sure if anyone is following this thread or not but I took my notebook to my local Lenovo dealer and they said it was the 3rd T530 this week that they've seen with the same issue. 

So lenovo is clearly pushing bad software on the T530. Beware when updating anything from Lenovo software pushes. 

Top Kudoed Authors