Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anderhil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,269
Message 1 of 8

T530 cannot install Lenovo Solution Centre

Hi all,

Received my T530 with Windows 8. There I had Lenovo Solution Centre and it was ok.

But i have put my SSD with Windows 7 to this laptop cause i have everything installed there for work, etc. It works great, and I wanted to install Lenovo Solution Centre, but i cannot it says:

"Product: Lenovo Solution Center -- This version of the Lenovo Solution Center program can only be installed on select Lenovo computers. This setup cannot continue."

Why it's like this? What can i do to install it.

anderhil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,227
Message 2 of 8

Re: T530 cannot install Lenovo Solution Centre

So should i contact Lenovo's support?

anderhil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,206
Message 3 of 8

Also in Windows 7

- my battery is not recognized by Power Manager

- cannot run battery firmware update utility

- BIOS update utility says it cannot identify the system

In Windows 8 everything works like it should and i could run the Battery Firmware Update utility.

So I assume it's general issue with not getting the specific lenovo info about the laptop in Windows 7, so i don't have some driver or smth like that.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,195
Message 4 of 8

@anderhil wrote:

But i have put my SSD with Windows 7 to this laptop cause i have everything installed there for work, etc

You mean that you've installed an SSD from some other laptop with Win 7, apps, and drivers already installed?

Please clarify.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

anderhil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,184
Message 5 of 8

No, of course i didn't just took SSD, I made some preparationof Windows.

I had Dell laptop before my Thinkpad with Windows 7 on SSD - i have uninstalled all related software and made sysprep of the system as described here, so it is prepared to be moved to new hardware.

Everything works well, except the things I described above.

anderhil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,168
Message 6 of 8

Can anyone tell me how to contact lenovo support chat? Is it even possible?

I don't really get the idea of phone support - it takes longer time to explain what is the issue by phone than by chat.

In chat you can copy paste, etc - send screenshot.

anderhil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,098
Message 7 of 8

Are you kidding me? It's really becomes a headache for me, i bought the laptop and nobody can give me any information on what is happening? What the hell? Where I can contact the support? Why i need to call them 10 times explaining them same things all the time? It makes me crazy, no support chat? how is that possible? 

Iam tired of resolving this problems on my own. I even started to use windbg to see what dll is not loading or smth like that, but i couln't find this information. I already have enough data to tell what the problem is, and nobody even tries to solve the problem. 

Please, give me some email support, or smth, i contacted several guys, but they give me some telephone nu,bers all the time, but nobody pics up the phone.

Lu90
What's DOS?
Views: 367
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I have the same problem , have you solved it ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors