Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveMartinLL
What's DOS?
Views: 585
Message 1 of 3

T530 multiple display configuration with the Thinkpad Mini Dock Series 3

Hello,

I am unable to get a third external screen working with my T530 Laptop docked to the thinkpad mini dock series 3. I manage to have two external screens, however, I want to have all three external screen to work simulatenusly, and the laptop closed in the docking station. Does anyone have a setup recommendation here please? 

Once I insert both DVI cables it knocks out the VGA monitor. It does however see all monitors whilst in 'screen resolution' window but if I go 'extend the desktop display' to the inactive monitor it knocks out one of the active screens leaving me with 2 still only active.

Please note - I'm only using with integrated GPU

Please help!

luke4k
Serial Port
Views: 545
Message 2 of 3

Re: T530 multiple display configuration with the Thinkpad Mini Dock Series 3

I have a T430S which is the same generation.... , docked on the Thinkpad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (433810U), I have the same issue. Limited to two(2) monitors total.

The final outcome per Lenovo was that one has to connect the T430S to the external monitors (via the doc) using native miniDP (or DP) and natvie mini DP/DP ports on the monitors.when you plug in the 3rd, even if it is VGA or the native screen, you lose one.

I was not willing to spend lots of money to purchase additional new monitors with native DP as they are generally professional business quality and rarely available at retail/home prices at least at the time (and even in the last year or so).

Search in this forum, it's covered extensively.

My Primary System: Thinkpad T430S 16G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Win 8.1 Pro), Crucial MX100 512GB (Win 7)
DaveMartinLL
What's DOS?
Views: 527
Message 3 of 3

Re: T530 multiple display configuration with the Thinkpad Mini Dock Series 3

Cheers luke4k I thought this may be the case and outcome. I really appreciate your feedback on this mate.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors