Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BromleyN
Blue Screen Again
Views: 525
Message 1 of 1

T540 Keyboard - some keys stop working - hardware problem

For the 4th time, the T540 keyboard has about 7 of its keys stop working. The seven keys are usually on the right hand side and in a group, but could be in any row, and within 1 or 2 columns of each other. Pressing the key does nothing, not even the click in click mode. I am convinced this is not a software problem as I have tried all possible software remedies. I am sure it is due to the keyboard or connection itself. The Shift or Ctrl does not work for these keys either.

First time this happened after a year of use, I lost 'P' and '0' among others, and I had to replace the keyboard. A year later on the new keyboard it happened again, but came back after two days. 3rd time was four months later, and I have lost '-', '=', '5', '6', delete, and others. I remapped these. Then again now I lost another bunch including '\', backspace, enter, and others.

The original keyboard is a backlit keyboard FRU 04Y2387, ID# 48L16M, Parts # 0C44952, Model # KM BL-105US . Replacement keyboard also backlit and exact replacement.

Short of replacing the keyboard, or resetting the keyboard connection and cleaning the contacts, (all tried) what is there to do?

Is this a contact problem or keyboard problem? Has happened with two different keyboards. Is this a common problem?

Any help will be of great assistance and will be greatly appreciated.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors