Options

2 Posts

09-13-2017

US

6 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 3

T540p BIOS bootable CD link isn't version stated (latest)

2017-09-13, 18:24 PM

I 'm trying to download a BIOS update in bootable CD format for a T540p. The file linked on the Lenovo Support site is for version 2.26, even though 2.27 is listed and should be the latest. (GMUJ24UC is the name shown for the readme text file, but GMUJ23UC is the .iso file name.)

I did download the file and try it, and only 2.26 was installed. A new check for updates with System Update indicated that BIOS update version 2.27 was still available.

The files I tried are linked to from here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t540p/downloads

We can't use the windows BIOS updater due to our hard drive encryption solution. When we have tried to use the windows updater previously, a machine was rendered unbootable.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Options

2 Posts

09-13-2017

US

6 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: T540p BIOS bootable CD link isn't version stated (latest)

2017-09-15, 13:39 PM

Does anyone have the 2.27 BIOS in bootable CD format that they could share?

Does anyone from Lenovo monitor these boards? Or if someone has a contact within Lenovo, could you please pass this along?

I tried opening an online ticket with them. I got a call back saying that was the "Hardware" support and I needed "Software" support. He transferred me. The "Software" support person told me that BIOS software would fall under "Hardware" support. She transferred me back. The new tech I got (whom I could barely hear and had to keep asking to repeat things) tried to say again that I had to go to "Software" support. After telling him that's where I came from, he said he didn't know who could take care of this situation. He tried to have me get the update some other way, but not being able to hear him a majority of the time, I finally gave up and hung up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Kevin

Options

5545 Posts

06-27-2008

US

28435 Signins

1626342 Page Views

• Views: 1626342
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: T540p BIOS bootable CD link isn't version stated (latest)

2017-09-17, 4:38 AM

Good day.

I did a bit of URL tweaking, and there is an iso file at: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/gmuj24us.iso

It may be a simple file name typo (-us- vs -uc-).

Caveat... I do not have an appropriate machine to test out the file, so I will make no guaranties. If you choose to explore it, please do be careful.

Edit to add: Looking at the readme file, it seems that the update fixes nothing other than a description update in the BIOS. No mention of anything significant.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save