Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathematze
Paper Tape
Views: 856
Message 1 of 3

T540p BSOD after installing driver with ThinkVantage System Update

Hello,

today I got my brand new T540p. Its was delivered without OS (Lenovo Campus). I downloaded the ethernet drivers  and the TV System Update on a usb flash drive with my old thinkpad. After installing Windows 8 Pro, i installed the ethernet drivers to connect to the internet. Then i started the TV System Update and let it install all critical and optional drivers. 

After the all drivers have been installed the machine wants to reboot, but now i am in a reboot loop. Everytime it hangs in the screen "Windows Update 100%" and then I see the blue screen of death (Driver Power state failure) and the machine reboots again.

Does anyone else have this problem or is there a fix from lenovo?

Thanks,

Mat

mathematze
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 2 of 3

Betreff: T540p BSOD after installing driver with ThinkVantage System Update

After fresh install of win 8 I only updated drivers from windows update. Works fine so far. Upgraded to win 8.1 still no problem. Use nvidia, wifi, intel graphics driver from windows update. Windows could not install chipset drivers. So I downloaded the intel chipset drivers from lonovo. Install crashes with bsod and ending up in reboot loop. I assume it's a problem with the intel drivers from lenovo. At moment I install win 8 again and I will try to install the drivers from intel website.
mathematze
Paper Tape
Views: 803
Message 3 of 3

Betreff: T540p BSOD after installing driver with ThinkVantage System Update

So after installing a fresh new win8 and the ethernet drivers I tried to download the chipset drivers from Intel. The driver detection tool on the intel website doesn't recognize the chipset and doesn't offer a driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors