Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majlou
Paper Tape
Views: 18,382
Message 131 of 364

Re: T540p/T440p+UltraDock+external display issues

I’ve got some new information for all.

I’ve replaced the adaptor for docking station and it seems that it helped.

I’ve used Model ADL135NDC3A, LC PN:36200314, LI PN: 45N0362, FRU PN: 45N0362 20V 6,75A, China 2013.11

The second adaptor I’m still using while traveling and there seem to be some sort of issue when the battery is fully charged. I’ve noticed that the display brightness switches from 100% to 50% randomly.

This second adaptor is Model ADL135NLC3A, LC PN: 36200318, LI PN: 45N0365, FRU PN: 45N0366, 20V 6,75A, China 2013.05, PA-1131-72

I’d like to ask if it would be possible to send me some sort of manual or tutorial together with a link to the GPU drivers. I’ve updated the BIOS to the newest version and the system recommended me to update drivers for graphic card as well. Could you please tell me what is the right way to install GeForce GT 730M? I’ve installed Lenovo Optimus, that works with Intel HD 4600 just right but unfortunately there’s problem with GT 730M as it now shows the Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.

I’ve even tried to install the nVidia drivers but I couldn’t get past the “no nVidia graphic card was detected” message So I went back to Lenovo drivers and tried to install available drivers from there but it didn’t help.

Unfortunately I’m at loss with any other ideas so I could really use your help.

MrDanne
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 18,336
Message 132 of 364

Lets make it clear, for the issue with thh MONITORS goes blank = The problem is in the docks firmware and nothing else. This WILL be fixed be an updated firmware that is going to be released soon by Lenovo.

Majlou, about your other driver issues, I suggest you start a new thread as it is off topic.

sonny_G
Punch Card
Views: 18,315
Message 133 of 364

I'm also convinced that the monitor issue has nothing to do with the power adapters.

The updated firmware version sounds like the right way and I'm really glad to hear that something is happening here.

Can't wait to get that firmware on my dock! Smiley Happy

Concerning the GPU-Drivers, just a small hint from me: Try the latest Beta drivers from NVidia. They work great after the BIOS Update! Smiley Wink

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafik/nvidia-geforce-treiber/

International Version from NVidias website:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/72576/en-us

ThinkPad T400 | 2767-2MG | Windows 7 Professional x64
ThinkPad T60 | 2007-63G | Windows Vista Business x86
Former Administrator
Views: 18,115
Message 134 of 364

As MrDanne has indicated, there is a  dock firmware update and tip in process of being released the web for all.

(Thanks for the positive feedback that the beta solved your problems!)

I think the firmware should be finalized by end of this week, so I would look for it on the web sometime early next week.

Best regards,

Mark

fhuberts
Paper Tape
Views: 18,094
Message 135 of 364

How would I (or other people) with Linux  on their T440s upgrade the dock firmware?

Please provide a bootable CD for the upgrade :-)

Majlou
Paper Tape
Views: 18,074
Message 136 of 364

Hi Mark,
you think fix new firmware for dock also blinking brightness??? If the battery is fully charged... I thought that it is caused power adapter.
tsh
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 17,953
Message 137 of 364

Yes, please provide the dock firmware upgrade as a bootable CD.
Former Administrator
Views: 17,752
Message 138 of 364

tsh, et all,

I'll pass along the request for CD / DVD distribution....

NB: Make sure your system is docked to the ThinkPad Pro Dock or Ultra Dock with at least one external monitor connected.

The firmware for the DisplayPort hub in the dock needs to be updated :

If the display on an external monitor connected to a ThinkPad Pro Dock or a ThinkPad Ultra dock is flickering or going blank, download the firmware (fwdphb01.exe) from the following URL:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=HT081248

Downloading:

1. A window will pop up asking you to Run or Save the file.  Select Save.
  2. Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and select Save.  A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete.  Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
  3. Make sure to be logged on with an Administrator account.
  4. Make sure your system is docked to the ThinkPad Pro Dock or Ultra Dock with at least one external monitor connected.

Installing file:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Double click the downloaded file:  fwdphb01.exe
  3. It will display the current firmware version and the firmware version to be installed.
  4. If the current firmware version on your dock is older than 2.17.000, then click the Update firmware button.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the dock with following action:
  • Shutdown the system, unplug the AC adapter from the dock, and wait for 5 seconds.  Then, re-attach the AC adapter and power on.

6.  If your docking station already updated, then click the Cancel Update button to exit.

sonny_G
Punch Card
Views: 17,701
Message 139 of 364

Thank You, Mark!

The Update was easy and worked flawless.

Best regards,

sonny_G

ThinkPad T400 | 2767-2MG | Windows 7 Professional x64
ThinkPad T60 | 2007-63G | Windows Vista Business x86
JawKnee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,644
Message 140 of 364

Thanks Mark!

I've been up and running for only 30 minutes so far with the updated dock firmware, but so far so good.

Top Kudoed Authors