Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ostrich
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,257
Message 1 of 2

T540p Wireless Adapter Problem - error code 229378

I am having issues with wireless connectivity on new T540p,  currently on trying to associate with wireless network,  I am getting error code 229378

When I first got the laptop and setup my profile in Access Connections for my router,  I experienced similar issues.  and while experimenting I changed the Power Management setting for the wireless adapter under Device Manager->2x2 11b/g/n Wireless LAN M2 Adapter->Properties->Power Management and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  After doing that and rebooting I was suddenly able to associate with the router.  I don't know if that had something to do with it or if it was coincidental. 

However after a automated Windows update and reboot,  suddenly the same problem is back. 

I'm running Windows 7,  2x2 11/b/g/n Wireless LAN M 2 Adapter driver 2010.8.827.2013,  router is a Linksys WRT-54G. 

I have a W530 in the same room using the same wireless profile settings (although it has Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wireless card) and it has no problems associating with the router,  so it is not a router problem. 

silver251
Paper Tape
Views: 4,205
Message 2 of 2

Re: T540p Wireless Adapter Problem - error code 229378

Hi. I am somewhat getting the same problem. But I don't recall ever getting that error code. I also have a Thinkpad T540p with Windows 7 Professional and with the same exact adapter. I also did what you did with the checkbox in the adapter properties. Something that I also have done is... start>search>type"power options">click power options>for whatever power plan you have, click change plan settings>change advance power settings>expand wireless adapter settings>expand power saving mode>make sure on battery and plugged in are both in maximum performance setting>click ok.

Now, this doesn't solve the problem entirely. For myself, i am able to connect. But when I restart, I lose connection. I need to disconnect, remove my network in my saved networks, put the laptop in either sleep or hiberbate mode, wait a few minutes and go back and connect again. Also, this all happens while my laptop is connected with a charger. One time that i don't have it plugged in, it disconnected or went to limited access state when it got to 65% battery power.

From this point on, I am not sure if there is incompatibility with t540p, the adapter, or windows 7... until I figure it out, i cannot make necessary changes. Please update me and maybe we can help each other out.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors