Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-22-2010

Toronto

84 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 1 of 2

T540p Wireless Adapter Problem - error code 229378

2014-02-27, 13:25 PM

I am having issues with wireless connectivity on new T540p,  currently on trying to associate with wireless network,  I am getting error code 229378

When I first got the laptop and setup my profile in Access Connections for my router,  I experienced similar issues.  and while experimenting I changed the Power Management setting for the wireless adapter under Device Manager->2x2 11b/g/n Wireless LAN M2 Adapter->Properties->Power Management and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  After doing that and rebooting I was suddenly able to associate with the router.  I don't know if that had something to do with it or if it was coincidental. 

However after a automated Windows update and reboot,  suddenly the same problem is back. 

I'm running Windows 7,  2x2 11/b/g/n Wireless LAN M 2 Adapter driver 2010.8.827.2013,  router is a Linksys WRT-54G. 

I have a W530 in the same room using the same wireless profile settings (although it has Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wireless card) and it has no problems associating with the router,  so it is not a router problem. 

Options

6 Posts

02-14-2014

Canada

12 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T540p Wireless Adapter Problem - error code 229378

2014-03-05, 17:26 PM

Hi. I am somewhat getting the same problem. But I don't recall ever getting that error code. I also have a Thinkpad T540p with Windows 7 Professional and with the same exact adapter. I also did what you did with the checkbox in the adapter properties. Something that I also have done is... start>search>type"power options">click power options>for whatever power plan you have, click change plan settings>change advance power settings>expand wireless adapter settings>expand power saving mode>make sure on battery and plugged in are both in maximum performance setting>click ok.

Now, this doesn't solve the problem entirely. For myself, i am able to connect. But when I restart, I lose connection. I need to disconnect, remove my network in my saved networks, put the laptop in either sleep or hiberbate mode, wait a few minutes and go back and connect again. Also, this all happens while my laptop is connected with a charger. One time that i don't have it plugged in, it disconnected or went to limited access state when it got to 65% battery power.

From this point on, I am not sure if there is incompatibility with t540p, the adapter, or windows 7... until I figure it out, i cannot make necessary changes. Please update me and maybe we can help each other out.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms