Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3 (357 Views)

T540p unable to right-click with virtual buttons in trackpoint or trackpoint classic mode 19.0.12.61

For a while now, I have wondered why the virtual buttons shown in the utility http://imgur.com/Lljj1Z7 don’t function as advertised. According to the utility, I should get a left click if I depress the left are of the touchpad, a middle click if I push on the bumps, and a right click if I depress the right half of the touchpad. In my experience, I get a left click regardless of where I depress the touchpad. The only exception is when I depress the bumps in the top middle of the touchpad—when I do that, the mouse enters some weird scrolly mode where I scan scroll stuff with the trackpoint. It definitely does not emit a middle click. But, more importantly, I cannot figure out how to get trackpoint mode to emit a right click.

How do I get trackpoint classic mode to work? Is there a way to downgrade the drive or use a non-lenovo branded driver to get it to behave properly? Right now, I’m relying on an external mouse just to middle click and right click.

I’m using Windows 10 b10240 and, as in the post’s title, my trackpoint driver is the latest listed on Lenovo’s support site (which I think WU actually installed for me)—19.0.12.61.

Why don’t the virtual buttons work and are there any other workarounds that don’t involve using a mode other than Trackpoint Classic?

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: T540p unable to right-click with virtual buttons in trackpoint or trackpoint classic mode 19.0.1

Seems to have partially fixed iteslf since Windows Update (WU) installed 19.0.16. Now the right half of my touchpad performs a right click when in TrackPad Classic mode. However, the supposed “middle click” zone still does a weird scrolly mode instead of sending a middle click. Guess I still have to use an external mouse to accomplish a middle click when using Classic TrackPoint mode, but at least the situtaion is better than when I couldn’t right click with this mode.

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 3 (322 Views)

Re: T540p unable to right-click with virtual buttons in trackpoint or trackpoint classic mode 19.0.1

Looks like the middle mouse button can be made to behave with registry hacks discussed in https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/How-do-I-change-Middle-Click-to-normal-Mid... . To quote:

johnbruer wrote:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UltraNavPS2]
"TrackPointMode"=dword:00002214
"TrackPointModeFunction"=dword:00000010

The TrackPointMode value by default is 0x1214. Here changing the flags to 0x2214 appears to change the scrolling behavior from "Standard" to "Smooth". On the X201, TrackPointModeFunction worked fine as 0x11, but I had to change it to 0x10 on the Helix to stop the "scrolling cursor" from appearing momentarily.2

Top kudoed Authors