Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahn195
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 1 of 3

T540p warranty repair no ETA

On 5/23 I sent my under-warranty T540p to repair a failing screen.  It was received by the depot on 5/24.  Almost two weeks later, support still has no ETA on when it will be repaired, and the repair status has been stuck on "Hold for customer information" since Friday 5/27.  When I first called, I was told this would be a quick repair.  Unless I can get this back soon, I'm going to be forced to by a new laptop (needless to say, it most certainly will not be a Lenovo).  What's the point of having a three-year warranty if it doesn't include even semi-timely repairs?

znPmaw0

znPmaw0

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 296
Message 2 of 3

Re: T540p warranty repair no ETA

I know nothing about your case or your machine or your damage, but usually, when it says "Hold for customer information", you are the customer.  Most commonly, it means that there is some non-warranty-covered damage like a liquid spill or some sort of accidental damage.  You need to call again to explain or to agree to pay for a non-covered repair or at least find out what's going on.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ahn195
Fanfold Paper
Views: 266
Message 3 of 3

Re: T540p warranty repair no ETA

Please forgive me if I'm being unnecessarily sarcastic, but while I make no claim to being a genius I am also not a complete moron.  I have called several times.  I've spoken with numerous people at the warranty status number, including two supervisors.  I've spoken with two different people at the repair depot in Memphis.  I've called the post-sales support number, who referred me to tech support, who in turn referred me to parts status.

From all of those calls, all I have been able to glean is that it would appear that my laptop is, in some unspecified way, nonstandard and that it has been referred to Lenovo engineering in North Carolina, whom none of the above are (for some mysterious reason) able to contact them directly.  They, apparently, have no recourse but to open and/or elevate a ticket in the Salesforce system, which, they assure me, has already been done.  There have also been vague references to parts on order, though nobody seems to know which parts those would be, why they are needed, when they will arrive, if they have been shipped, or if they even actually exist.  The fact that I can't even talk to somebody who is even able to contact somebody who can explain the delay is rather frustrating.

Moreover, the only reason I even thought to call was because I saw that message when I checked the repair status.  Until that point nobody so much as sent me an email (not even an automated one!) either asking that I contact them or to inform me of a delay.  Perhaps I am being silly, but I would have assumed that, were my input needed, the best way to get that would be to let me know.  Hoping that I would, unprompted, check the status, see a cryptic message at the bottom, and call seems a rather roundabout way of accomplishing this.  I would have also thought that common courtesy would dictate that, should there be unexpected delays, it might be a good idea to inform the customer of the situation.  It would appear that Lenovo and I think differently.

Thus, while I appreciate your no-doubt well-intentioned advice, this customer has literally spent hours on hold trying to figure out what's happening, so you will, I hope, forgive me if I found your response to be in keeping with what appears to be Lenovo's general level of customer service.  That is to say, it was not particularly helpful.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors